Can I take both MCAT and NCLEX?

As a nursing student can I take both NCLEX and MCAT?. Or can I take NCLEX and change in the future to be a medical doctor and take the MCAT exams?. Please explain in details #nursing #medicine

1

Will’s Answer

They are likely very different exams, as I have never taken the NCLEX. The MCAT, which I have taken, is partially knowledge based but relies heavily on testing novel concepts and situations/critical thinking. The NCLEX is what you take at the end of nursing school, and from my understanding, is much more knowledge based. The information tested on each is likely drastically different; I doubt the NCLEX tests nitty gritty biochemistry concepts like amino acid substitutions relevant to disease, but the MCAT doesn't test clinical knowledge at all.

0

Yukari’s Answer

MCAT is a test you take before applying and beginning medical school. NCLEX is an exam you take after completing a nursing program. Hope that helps!

0