How long does it take for managers to rise to the top?

2
2

Janne’s Answer

0

Hi Hayden,

this would depend on the skills of the person and on the company they work for. A good way to set yourself up for success if by focusing on whether you want to become a manager or a leader, because there is a distinct difference, and your choice would likely also impact the speed and direction of your rise to the top.

Janne recommends the following next steps:

• 9 Lies About Work by Marcus Buckingham and Ashley Goodall is a good book to start your thought process on how to get there. Good luck
0

Jennifer’s Answer

0
It's a different path for everyone. For myself, I average about 2 years or so in each position. This allows me time to fully learn the current role I am in and then time to master it, before I look to move on. It also depends on how much effort and time you can put into it. There have been times in my life where work was the #1 priority and there have also been times where my family life has been the #1 priority. You have to find the balance that works for you and that balance will shift throughout your life events.
0