What do you find most enjoyable about your job

Taylor’s Answer

I love my job because each day is different, and there's always room for improvement and new ideas.

Emily’s Answer

Hi-

I just recently started at PwC and LOVE it so far. I am a people person so when I was in college and told people that I was studying to become an accountant the reactions were typically about number crunchers and how I would handle that. After hearing that so many times, that became a fear I had coming into the profession. I thrive in team environments and when interacting with other people, so the idea of crunching numbers alone in a cubicle was not ideal for me. Thankfully, at PwC I get to continue to be a people person and have so many intelligent and interesting people to interact with! We have our engagement teams, client contacts and the offices are great at engaging team members in different meetings throughout that get us all together. I truly love the people that I get to work with and learn so much everyday. That is the best part about my job.

Abby’s Answer

Hi Anaya,

I enjoy all of the learning opportunities that I get at work. I learn something new every day, whether it is a piece of technical knowledge related to accounting, or a new skill related to technology and digital upskilling. There is always something else to learn about accounting which keeps the job interesting and exciting!

Jason’s Answer

Hi Anaya,

The best part about my job is that I serve others. I work in public accounting as an Audit Manager at PwC, and ultimately my responsibility is to serve my clients well. Accountants are sometimes categorized as number crunchers that only work with spreadsheets day-in and day-out. However, while that sometimes can be true, I also spend time talking to my clients to learn and understand how their businesses operate. Being able to bring value and professional insight to my clients is very satisfying.

Chi’s Answer

Coaching (and whatever I can do on a daily basis to keep people as my top priority - my teams and my clients) ... No matter what jobs we have, we rely on the people around us for support and to help create a positive environment. The coaching structure we have in PwC allows me to be a formal coach or relationship leader to our staff/seniors/managers, and I also take it upon myself to be an informal mentor to others not in my formal organization. My people are my #1 reason for going to work every day.

Laurel’s Answer

I love that my day is never the same and I'm always challenged.