Thanks for the question.
An HVAC technician installs, maintains, and repairs heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems. Someone who works in this occupation might specialize in installation, or in maintenance and repair. Some technicians concentrate on only one type of system, either heating, air conditioning, or refrigeration, while others offer a broader range of services.
HVAC Technician Duties & Responsibilities:
These are some typical job duties taken from online ads for HVAC technician jobs found on Indeed.com:
- Oversee installations.
- Troubleshoot and repair HVAC/R equipment.
- Apply local HVAC codes in a practical manner on each job.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Provide technical support in the field.
- Collaborate with sales and engineering to develop product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Layout, design, and install low-voltage wiring.
- Run after-hours calls as required.
Hope this helps!
Sachin recommends the following next steps:
Everyone needs heating and air conditioning. Some regions might be better than others but reliable install techs are always needed. You will not have a problem finding a job with the correct education.