What did you do to advance your career as a nurse? How did you overcome obstacles to get to that position?

5

Scott’s Answer

I agree with Carly, education is key which includes on the job training, as you'll encounter a varying degree of technologies which need skilled people to understand how they work and how to troubleshoot them. I always maintained a positive outlook, volunteered for hard problems with teams to help find a solution, and worked hard to get into management. Communication skills are important as well. I worked on my presentation skills through Toastmasters after college to get comfortable speaking in groups and helped to hone my listening skills.

0

Carly’s Answer

Education is fundamental to the advancement of your career as a nurse. I kept working at my career and keeping up to date on current medical knowledge.

0