What is the best career advice you have been given?

5
5

Pii’s Answer

1
Hi Ella,

The best advice I have received has been to try new things and push yourself out of your comfort zone.

I can say hand on heart that every time I have tried something completely new and out of my comfort zone in my career it has taught me so much and also allowed me to progress further. If I hadn't challenged myself and tried new things for my career I would not have ended up where I am now - doing a job that I enjoy doing and getting to deal with real life challenges every day.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Pii

Pii recommends the following next steps:

• Volunteer to work or even take a lead in a difficult project.
  • Take responsibility in a project or improvement that can help your team in the long run but isn't quite clear yet.
  • Once a week make yourself do something at work that you find challenging or tough, you'll soon get used to it and start finding it easy.
1

Karen’s Answer

0
"Follow your heart" is what my daughter said when I was contemplating moving from a for-profit organization to a non-profit. This advice greatly increased my gratification every day.

Consider what you are passionate about so that you will love going to work!

With every good wish.
0

Karen’s Answer

0

With every good wish.
0

Ana’s Answer

0
Hello Ella,

That’s a very good question and my answer goes back over 30 years when I was an immigrant high school student and did not know much about higher education. I was a good student and loved learning. My history teacher told me that I needed to go to college. At that point it didn’t matter what major, he just said get into a four year college and figure it out later. So I went to college as an undeclared major. I’m so grateful for his advise and guidance . That was the best career advise I got in my life.

Ana recommends the following next steps:

• Take a career interest inventory to find out what you’re career interests are.
0

Brandon Anthony’s Answer

0
“As soon as you think you’ve finished learning, it’s time to find a new profession.”
0