2

What did a typical day in college look like to become a physical therapists, as well as what was the most challenging class/classes?

I am a Junior I am involved in 3 sports and extracurricular activities. #pt #physical-therapy #sports

2

0

Cathy’s Answer

Once in PT graduate school, you study, study, study! It’s a very intense and academically challenging program. I did work a little to help pay bills and kept up my exercises, but other than that you’re in classes and studying for most of the day at least for the first 2 years. Then you get into your clinical internships where it’s like you go to work everyday from 8-5. My hardest class in PT school was Physiology. I know some people did not like standing up in front of the whole class doing oral presentations. And of course there is the most pressure being able to perform and pass your clinicals. I always did well with the hands on and practical stuff
0
0

Vicky’s Answer

In undergrad you have to take a year of all the basic sciences plus anatomy and physiology and some math, depending on the grad school you apply to that will vary from stats, precalc and calculus. It does not always need to be a pre-PT major like kinesiology but it is very science heavy. You also need to arrange to have observation hours at PT clinics and hospital for your grad school applications, 100+ hours.

PT school is 3 years for the DPT doctorate and you do that with the same group of people through the whole thing. It is not recommended that you work during grad school since it is very time demanding

Vicky recommends the following next steps:

Make sure you have at least a B in all the main sciences and maths as it is very competitive
0