Hi I am Shankar and i'm confused with which career to pursue

I am studying 10 standard. I am not an bright student but more than average. Good in Maths and Science. Confused to Join as Teacher or Engineer. But also interested in Aeronautic. #engineer #teaching #teacher #professor #student #experts

Robert G’s Answer

Shankar, it is terrific that you are beginning to think about these important decisions so early. All of the choices above are great areas of focus. When I was preparing for college, I thought about all of the things I enjoy doing and would want to do (not career specifically but more so types of activities like building things, teaching someone, working directly with people or problem solving). Any careers leverage multiple types of expertise sand much of what you learn in college will or should be transferable.

Next, think about what if anything of those careers or fields of study interest you- is it the cutting edge science of aeronautics, the learning and development of teaching, laboratory work as an engineer? Figure which one aligns most activities you would want to focus on that would make you happy long term.

Lastly, also think about where you might or need to be - which if any career would mandate a move to a different location, or constant travel vs none, etc.

As long as you are happy about the prospects of a career, you can't go wrong. And most times those who start in one college major often either Transfer to different majors or adjust careers as they move forward.

Good luck, Rob.

That was a great response! Thank you giving such useful and meaningful advice!
thank you sir
thank you sir

Lynn’s Answer

There are many options for someone who is interested in math and science. If possible, talk to people who are currently working in a math or science-related position, and see if their work matches well with your interests. There may be guidance counselors available at nearby colleges who can help you plan, or assist in identifying what you may be best at doing. Whatever choice you make, be sure that you are excited and motivated to spend your work life in that field. A career is a long time, and loving your work will make you more successful. Good luck! #education#teaching#careerchoice

John ’s Answer

Hello Shankar, I recommend you to be a teacher or pursue in aeronautics but not engineering as far as I know there are many engineers who is still jobless or working apart from engineering.