How many years of college do i have to complete to be a surgeon?

5
5

Mackenzi’s Answer

0
Counting undergraduate education, graduate medical education, and postgraduate medical training, it can take 13 years or more to become a surgeon.
0

Valeri’s Answer

0
Fourteen or more years.
Depending on the type of surgeon you become, you will get a bachelor's degree (4-5 years), medical school (3 years), internship (1 year), general surgery residency (5 years) and then any other residencies, based on what specialty you choose.
0

Sheila’s Answer

0
Hello Keyona:

Thank you for your question. I agree with the comments already mentioned as the posters have provided good advice. Something else for you to also consider is that you will accrue lots of debt while on this path. I know this from first hand experience because my son is a resident Pediatrician. But, don't let debt stop you from achieving your dream. Just know that it will take a while for you to get there. I just want to make sure you see this from another perspective in "real-time/life" experience. With a good support system - you can do it! :)

I wish you much success on your journey. Best of luck to you!

~ Sheila

Sheila recommends the following next steps:

• I see that you are in Georgia; so am I. Here are some schools you could research in Georgia. . https://www.medsmarter.com/4-medical-schools-in-georgia-programs-tuition/
0

Sammy’s Answer

0
First of all, a surgeon needs to have a medical doctor degree. Which will have a bachelor degree (4 years) and a medical doctor degree (4 years). So a minimum 8 years of college is required. Even with an MD degree, it may not guarantee you to be a surgeon because only certain percentage of MDs will be surgeon.
0

Sammy’s Answer

0
0