What is commonly done in marine biology?

biology marine-biology marine I am interested in becoming a marine biologist but I have thalassophobia, I want to know if I have to dive.

2

Sushan’s Answer

Marine biology is the study of organisms and ecosystems in the ocean and other saltwater environments. It is a learning and research field and marine scientists study the interactions of marine plants and animals with coastal areas and the atmosphere. Marine biology is an umbrella term and there are many specialisations within the domain, such as fish biologist, microbiologist or marine mammologist.

Hope this helps!
0

Research projects are the main focus of marine biologists, which include collecting specimens at sea, compiling data, and undertaking laboratory-based experiments. Key areas of research include migration patterns, underwater photosynthesis and the impact of human activity on coral reefs. A marine biologist’s tools range from fishing nets and sonar to remotely operated vehicles. Typical responsibilities include planning experiments and using tracking technology, recording and using specialist computer software to aid with interpreting data from biological processes, as well as writing research papers and reports.

0