I want to explore and see if I want to become a software Engineer

4

I am in my 11th grade at westview high school. I am months away for my #college-admissions . Not sure what I want to become. #software-engineer is an area I explored that I can get a job easily anywhere. So I want to know more about it.

4

Ashley’s Answer

0
Software Engineering is a lucrative selection for long-term employment. After learning code; finishing up your schooling you will enter the Software Engineering field only to face fairly steep competition. Depending on your education level , you should fall into place somewhere.
There are many slots to fit in. So-Cal has many, the Bay Area is another hot spot and Seattle is a large city I would recommend to get started in.

Ashley recommends the following next steps:

• Learn code
  • Proper education level
  • Search for areas w high demand in your field
  • Apply to multiple choices
  • Choose the most desired area to live and work.
0

Aaron’s Answer

0
In addition to what Sripriya said, there's a number of free online courses to help learn coding. Taking one of those could help you determine if it is for you or not.

Khan academy has some basic JavaScript lessons. Search Google for "free code academy" to find others.

Aaron recommends the following next steps:

• Look into https://www.freecodecamp.org/
0

Sripriya’s Answer

0
Hello Aditya,

You will love software engineering if you like problem solving, working methodically and can focus on tasks for long time. The job market for a software engineer is pretty good, there are lot of jobs but also they are becoming very competitive. I would suggest you take a programming class online or at a community college or at a coding school to see if you like programming.
0