How to successfully apply for scholarships?

2

I am a first generation immigrant and moved to United States at the age of 19, I am currently 34, I am a female and do not have a family. To pursue a higher education was always a dream of mine , however I didn’t have a chance to do so. I’ve completely a cosmetology program and now working on my associates degree. I also recently lost my job, which makes it impossible for me to pay for my classes, I need help and guidance on how to apply for scholarships, so I can continue my education and pursue my dream career. #scholarship

2

1
Hello Dilyara:

First thing is what are you majoring in, what type of school you are attending community college, college, and/or University. Cause there is scholarship, grants, funds, financial assistance as well. You can look these up online, at the school service center and/or financial aid center, and other organization that will be offering it. I would definitely start with the school first for different scholarship, grants, funds, and financial assistance first before looking into outside source like online and organization for these help.
1

Gabriel’s Answer

0
First and foremost, congrats on pursuing your dreams! Okay...if you are a citizen or resident alien (permanent resident) fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at FAFSA.gov. Doing this will throw your hat into the ring for any state or federal grants you may be eligible for. And unlike loans they don't need to be repaid. The fed has lifetime limits but your state's grants may vary. No matter what school or program you are interested in - this should be your first step.

There are multiple scholarship sites out there that let you complete a profile and select what scholarships you want to be notified about. The best advice I can give you would be to create a new e-mail address just for that purpose. While these sites are "free" (and if they aren't run for the hills) the price you pay may be in the form of paid-advertisement e-mails. If these come into your regular e-mail you may get frustrated and just unsubscribe. If you set up a unique account you can go into it at your leisure and sift through the messages to get those pertinent to you. It's a small price to pay but it will make it easier in the long run. Finally, there are usually scholarships available to specific groups...field of study, gender, country of origin, state you live in...it may seem overwhelming at first but there are funds out there. Just don't give up!

I hope this helps. You can do this!
0