Skip to main content
1 answer
Updated Viewed 527 times Translate

What is the most recommended undergraduate major to go in to if you wish to go to graduate school to become a physician assistant?

I am undecided on which undergraduate major would be the most beneficial for me in the future. doctor nurse healthcare physician physician-assistant

+25 Karma if successful
From: You
To: Friend
Subject: Career question for you

100% of 2 Pros

1 answer

Updated Translate

Andrea’s Answer

Typically a BS in the sciences is the most appropriate undergraduate degree. Mainly because a BS in Biology or Chemistry typically includes all the necessary prerequisites for graduate PA school (anatomy, microbiology, immunology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, etc.) However, my graduate PA class consisted of students with varied backgrounds including Physical Therapy, exercise physiology, nursing, molecular cell biology, respiratory therapy, etc. So, all of these degrees are relevant and can prepare you for graduate PA school.