Any regrets?

2

I'm about to start college to study culinary arts, I would like to know if there is a chef or cook out there that regrets not doing something that I should do in college so I won't regret it later on in life. #culinary-arts #chefs

2

Adrian’s Answer

0
Jesus,

Honestly most chefs don’t live in the world of regrets. We got bad times and great times. If you do decide to go to collage for cooking my suggestion is to get a cook job or ask for a stagè at the best Restaurant in your town. Your lucky Illinois has some amazing Restaurants. And just need to work and learn. Cooking is just like all other trades, your power is in your hands and mind and you need hours and hours of practice to get them in sink. If you have any more questions give me a shout. I’ve been a chef for over 10 years along with 11 Michelin stars to go with it. I got a lot of answers to your questions my man! Hope to chat soon

Adrian recommends the following next steps:

• Study Chefs
  • Buy Books
  • Stage at the top restaurants
  • Network with cooks to see what they do
0

Jenn’s Answer

0

I am not a chef or a cook, but I can tell you this..........there are people who know what they want to do while in high school and there are those who do not. There are straight paths and there are paths that take you different directions until you get where you want. If your love is cooking, then you should take that path. Don't worry about what people say...if it's in your heart than do it. You never know what you will create or become as you become that cook.....example....creating a different type of food or cuisine. Asian fusion was something that someone came up with...it's not always been around. The sky is the limit when you have the passion to do it!

Hope that helps!

Thank you Jenn, I appreciate your advice, but it's not quite what I was looking for. I do want to follow my dreams and do what the things that please me, but I was just asking to so that I can look out for other things other than what I want to do, so that I may acquired new perspectives or interests. Jesus M.
0