What restaurant should I go to to become a chef?

3

I'm a sixth grade student and my name is payton i love cooking and culinary arts i love to watch chef's to cook all different kinds of food #cooking #culinary-arts #restaurants #chefs #schooling

3

Eli’s Answer

4

Hi! Really excited you are so into cooking. I think the best first job is should be at a place you like to go to and is convenient for you. Most restaurants are pretty willing to hire part time help, especially in the kitchen. I wouldn't worry to much about whether this first job is putting you on the path to be a chef. It's much more important to get a little experience and see if you really like cooking professionally. Cooking can be a ton of fun and high energy around it but it's super hard work too. They make it look easy on TV!

Thank you so much for the imformation mr holmes Payton .
Hey Payton! it's marcella good job the the question! :) Marcella P.
nice job Pay-ton:))) River D.
hi Payton! !!!! I love to cook to bud!!!!! Trevor P.
4

Laura Rose’s Answer

3

You have three choices..

1. Your favorite restaurant of course! See how your favorite food is prepared

2. A restaurant that cooks ethnic food. It's important to see the different ingredients and styles of as many cultures as you can

3. A farm-to-table restaurant. This is the best option in my opinion because these are the types of places that work closer to REAL FOOD than any other place. If you're lucky you'll get a whole animal, freshly harvested vegetables with parts of the plant you've never seen before or a funky weed that the chef knows how to make delicious!

most importantly get in any kitchen so you can see if it's really for you. fast paced, high stress environment—it's a lot of not-so-glamorous work. But it's so fun to feed people good food!

good luck

Thank you so much for the information mrs. dailey Payton .
3