Do you need to graduate college to become PA?

3
3

Ashley’s Answer

1
Hi Robert,

Hope you are doing well. PA School's have very competitive programs. From my experience, students attend college to receive a Bachelor's degree. In the meantime, I have seen students complete CNA / EKG Technician certifications to gain Patient-Care Hours as some schools may require about 1000 hours during their undergraduate career. Depending on the program of interest, schools may require you to take the GRE which is a graduate school entrance exam and/or take some specific electives like Microbiology. Overall, I say complete tasks that will ultimately make you a more competitive candidate. Good luck with all of your endeavors.

Stay Safe!

Kind regards,
Ashley Garcia

Ashley recommends the following next steps:

• Make a list of programs you will be interested in and compare their requirements & recommendations.
1

Hwal’s Answer

0
Robert,

I'm current PA student, and the answer is emphatically yes. Application to PA schools requires a bachelor's degree. You can major in anything though, and the link Katherine shared is a good place to start gathering information.

Hwal
0

Katherine’s Answer

0
Not always, but PA school is competitive, so it may be in your interest to earn a BS or BA first.

https://www.aapa.org/career-central/become-a-pa/
0