Audra S.

Is living in a living community a good idea?

I'm not sure what to do. I want to meet new people, but I also want to make sure I have friends in my classes. Will I be missing out on a lot if I chose a living community? I want to participate in everything college has to offer and I'm afraid a living community would restrict me to a small amount of people. What do you think? #colleges #higher-education #career

You have a good heart of reaching out, ans I do not think a living community will stop you from making friend. You can do all thing if you have the will. Go Tiger!

Last updated Feb 20 at 22:20

Hello Audra, I think living in a community or dormitory is always a nice experience. However, if you are conscience of always being nice to all individuals you will be alright. In college you will formulate study groups with many people and will begin to formulate friendship outside of the community /dormitory setting you reside. Good Luck and enjoy you college experience!!
Last updated Dec 07 '17 at 11:33

Living communities do not lock you into only spending time with those people. You can still take advantage of other opportunities outside of the living community, make and have good friends outside of that community, and essentially come and go as you please. These are typically just ways for people with similar interests to feel comfortable living together. Those which are linked to an academic curriculum can be very beneficial when help is needed or exams are approaching. Don't overthink this and do what you feel is right for you.
Last updated Oct 19 '17 at 13:42

More from

Schools Add a school