How do you incorporate feedback into designs?

4
4

Katherine’s Answer

1
When you accept the opinions of others and change the design direction, you will get inspiration
1

Joe’s Answer

0
Great question Nasiah.

First, I believe a great designer is a great listener. When receiving feedback, I try to be neutral and objective. I fully listen to the person's comments and reflect back on my work at the same time, with this fresh new perspective coming from this person's viewpoint. I respect they took time to give me feedback and value their opinion.

I am also trying to understand their point of view, I put myself into the person's shoes for a second. That helps me comprehend their perspective and better judge the feedback.

Ideally, the feedback is coming from the targeted audience of what you are designing for. That would be a great opportunity to understand them more and build empathy. You'll be better informed to which part of their feedback you should act upon and will make better design decisions to answer their needs in the future. Even if it comes directly from the targeted audience though, sometimes they might not even know exactly what they need, it is our jobs as designers to identify it, cut through the noise and find valuable information that will better serve them.

If it comes from a different source, I would advise not trying to please everyone, but be sure to remember who you are designing for, what you are designing, and why. If the feedback is in line with that, it worth paying close attention and incorporate it into your work.

I hope that helps! Good luck and success.
0

Don’s Answer

0
reaching out to potential customers / clients and conducting small focus groups either virtually or in person can be very helpful in addition to having users "beta test" your designs by assessing them and following up with a set of questions or survey for insights
0

Don’s Answer

0
0