What kind of mind set do you have to be in when entering a case? Do you use feelings, opinion or just facts. Explain

im a student in the 11th grade and Im very interested in becoming a sports lawyer or sports agent. Thanks in advance. #lawyer #sports

3

Matthew’s Answer

I don't have law experience, but relevant experience from consulting. As a lawyer or agent you are representing your client's best interests. Whether you agree with them or not, you ultimately are accountable to them. I would approach all problems as objectively as possible and advise your client based on the facts with your assessment of the situation. Save the passion for when you are in meetings or trials representing your client, and need to sway the opinion of others in your favor.

You may also need to use your feelings to understand the position your client is coming from better and to help them make informed decisions.

0

My wife is an attorney. She says you try to look at the facts of a case with an unbiased eye at first. You want to see the case from both sides. That way you know what the other side is going to say and you can address it in your brief.

0

0