I am interested in CEC subject, but i want to became a lab technician. What should I do?

2
2

Abigail’s Answer

0
Hi, Farha!

First, I want to let you know a laboratory technician can mean a wide variety of things. For me, I work in protein expression with an agricultural company. I have also worked in entomology and DNA. But these are just a fraction of the possibilities that lie ahead of you.

Start by answering this question: What are you passionate about? Do you want to help stop world hunger? Or maybe you're interested in fighting off disease? Or finding a cure for cancer? Maybe it's none of these examples!

Once you've nailed down your passion, you can do research into what careers cover this. For example, if you wish to find a cure to cancer, you'll discover MANY companies working in research & development. This is a medically driven field that needs employees from all types of backgrounds: biology, chemistry, molecular sciences, etc. You now have options to pick a specialty. For me, I loved biology the most and studying DNA and protein expression.

Don't worry if you're unsure which path you want to take before entering into college. There are many exploratory degrees that place you in a variety of classes. You'll quickly discover what you like & what you don't.

To address your interest in CEC subjects, you don't have to have a one-track mind. Take the courses you're interested in & maybe you will discover an overlap or a need for someone with a background in science AND CEC! It's not uncommon for many colleges to have a "Create Your Own Major" program these days. You can double major in something CEC related or go for a minor.

Above all else, choose a path you are happy with and proud to do.
0