When you start College, Do you Choose ALL of your Classes or are there Required Classes that you have to take?

1

Is College like High School where you have required Classes and others you choose? Or Do you choose all your Classes? #college #classes

1

Mark’s Answer

0

Hi Fenndher,
It depends on the specific school and their requirements on what you will have to take, but I can speak generally of what colleges usually require. This is from my experience, my oldest son's experience, and my daughter-in-laws experience. It will also depend if you go to a specialty school or a liberal arts college.

Most colleges require you to take some entry exams that decide if you need any math or English classes to start. Depending on how you do, you may be required to take some classes to make sure you are ready for other courses in the college. Specific colleges usually have requirements for a certain number of English, math, and social studies credits. Some may require other specifics such as a private school may require religion or philosophy credits. You usually get to pick which courses you take in these areas, but you have to have a certain number of credits in whatever areas they require.

An example is that I had to have 6 social studies credits at my college, so I took 2, 3 credit, Art History classes. I had a choice of several courses, but these were the two I selected.

Best Wishes, Mark

0