2 answers
Updated Viewed 73 times Translate

where would i go to school ?

#psychologist #school
where would i go to school if i were to be a therapist or a counselor?

+25 Karma if successful
From: You
To: Friend
Subject: Career question for you
100% of 2 Pros

2 answers

Updated Translate

Krystal’s Answer

Hi Aerion!
I would recommend looking at any schools that have the programs that you are interested in. If you are wanting to be a counselor or a therapist the best degree for you would be either a Social Worker or a Licensed Professional Counselor. Those are going to be the programs that are going to help you become what it looks like you are wanting. There are a lot of schools that have great programs for that. Once you have a degree the school you go to is not as important. I would make sure that you pick your school based on which ones that the program you need and which school you feel the most comfortable. Most of the time once you get into your major classes you will be taking them with the same people and you want to make sure you are in a place that you feel comfortable so that you can truly learn in a safe place.

Updated Translate

Brianne’s Answer

Aerion, there are many ways to answer this question, just as there are many options available to you, and that's a good thing! It's certainly important to pick a school with a strong program, that goes without saying. However, some other questions you should ask yourself are; where do you want to go, do you want to remain in-state, are you looking for a large or small school, etc.? The academic experience is highly important and I do not want to underplay that, but also consider your other interests and look at schools that will offer you the best experience holistically.

If you're looking in-state, you have a lot of good options. To name a few..

1. University of Texas at Austin
2. University of Houston
3. Texas A&M University
4. Rice University