How many jobs have you gone through with math education under your belt?

3

Delaney’s Answer

Hi Kannady,

I double majored in Applied Mathematics & Statistics and Psychology and got a masters in secondary math education. I taught high school math for 6 years and now work for a publishing company on a digital math program. It's been a really fun transition, and I still use a ton of what I learned in both teaching and my schooling! There are way more jobs in math education than people realize; it doesn't have to simply be teaching math in the traditional sense, although that is an excellent use of the schooling, too. I hope this helps!

0

Jeanne’s Answer

I used my math degree when I worked at College Network. They provided phone support for those who were obtaining their associate degrees through distance learning. I tutored the students in math, statistic, sociology and other. It was a very rewarding job to be able to assist those who were not as good in math.

0

Andrew’s Answer

All my degrees are not in mathematics, but I have managed a strong mathematics background in applied mathematics.

I spent two decades as a consulting scientist at NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center working on geodynamics, space-borne geophysics, space geodesy, analyzing satellite altimeter data for the recovery of gravity field, and performing large-scale statistical analysis of global climate data to determine the contribution of global climate to the Earth Orientation Parameters (EOP) from the Earth’s angular momentum to length of day.

Afterward, I returned to academia to pick up a professorship in mathematics and statistics for fourteen years before my recent retirement.

0