How can I continue my education outside of college?

I am a nurse and want to work in compliance. #medicine

8

Henry’s Answer

The cool thing about today's age is that information is flowing all around you. There are countless ways to continue learning outside of college. Like state above, there are many organizations that provide free training and educational opportunities. Platforms like LinkedIn offer training courses. You can also look into different organizations that specialize in compliance; they would also provide gateways to additional learning opportunities.

0

Sundar Rajan’s Answer

I would encourage you to try massively open online courses like coursera.org that host 200+ universities worldwide.
You may search for your areas of interest, sign up for some classes. There are certification courses as well offered by universities that you may do from home as long as you have some internet access. The breadth and depth of courses spanning various disciplines is quite awesome.
They are very affordable ones that you can take outside of work at the convenience of your home.

Of course, there are alternative/competitive platform like edX.org who give something similar.
In the past, only accredited university courses were typically supported by employers with Tuition Assistanship programs. But nowadays, with the popularity of these open online courses, they are encouraging and opening up to supporting employees take these. Check with them for assistanship as well.

Universities offer online degree programs. Some are a combinatin of online and offline (weekend) courses that give you chance to pick the combination what works best for you as well. Thats another option if doing all online is a bit too much for some.

Hope this helps.

0

Josh’s Answer

Look for learning opportunities in your state that relate to the compliance activities that interest you. Most states have seminars and classes specifically to regulatory compliance rules and adherence. Many colleges will also have certificate programs that you can pursue instead of another degree if you are not wanting to get a degree. The certificate programs look great on your resume and show that you are motivated to go out and get the knowledge you need to be successful. You can also look for certifications in the area you are interested in and pursue that certification.

0

K’s Answer

While I am not in the field of Medicine/Healthcare, from what I know most organizations do support and encourage employees to further their education. Most organizations also have Tuition reimbursement benefits and pay for education in a related field of work as long as certain conditions are met.. like $ limit per year and a passing grade etc. I would highly encourage you to reach out to your HR department or look for these benefits.

0

Jameel’s Answer

Hey,
You've received great responses above. My recommendation for you would be to join a professional organization such as Toastmasters International. Toastmasters is an organization focused at helping members improve their public speaking. This is a skill that can be utilized in any career field, and will help differentiate you from your peers.

0

K’s Answer

you would do great working for a health insurance company . Pairing your nursing knowledge with a compliance interest would work great!

0

Lisa Bond’s Answer

Hi Eugene,
I think one of the best things you can do is to join a professional organization/association that focuses on your career area. These associations always provide professional development opportunities through training, conferences, and workshops. They generally have both local and national opportunities to keep your skills up to date and network with colleagues.

0