What’s a good course to go into during college for someone who doesn’t know what they want to do?

I’m indecisive so I want to know some good things to study and won’t be a waste. #general

5

Rachael’s Answer

Hi Jaylen,

Great question. It's okay to be undecided! As a starting point, several colleges or universities offer a general Liberal Arts degree where you could learn a little bit about a lot of topics. I also would recommend you consider any business classes as this could be relevant for any field you go into. However, most universities also have a student support services where you can meet with counselors to help work with you to identify what courses might be of interest for you.

Best of luck as you move forward!

0

Dante D’s Answer

https://www.coursera.org/learn/career-advancement

Hi Dante, can you explain why you think this class would be helpful for the student? It might help the student make a better decision on which courses to look into Gurpreet Lally

0

Gloria’s Answer

Hi Jaylen,

I am not sure what your strengths and skills are, but if you are still wondering what to study, I would recommend that you consider a degree in Liberal Arts. It is a broad major that allows you to get experience in a wide range of subjects. As you go through the program, you will get exposure to subjects that you may not have considered and then find your true path.

Gloria

0

Malia’s Answer

Hi Jaylen!

I think this is the most prominent struggle for college students nowadays, mainly because of the sheer number of possibilities there are for fields of study or industries to enter. I had no idea what I wanted to study going into school, and that made the experience all the more fun. I spoke to my advisor so many times, asking her advice, checking out different classes in different subjects, and speaking to professors in different subjects. With the amount of credits needed to pursue a bachelor's degree (4-year degree) comes quite a lot of room to adventure out into many different worlds of study during your first few years. This will be the best and easiest way to aid in whittling down what you would like to pursue.

I happened upon my industry by chance after not making it into a class I, at the time, would have preferred. The best advice I can give is to explore as much as you can, dabble in as many different fields of study as you can, and roll with what peaks your interest! Also, don't forget to talk to your advisors; They know a bunch of courses that will aid you the best in figuring out if you like something, and they will keep you on the right path both in timing and with your eventual career!

Best of luck as you move forward!

0

Bernardo’s Answer

Hey Jalen, It is perfect fine to be undecided on what you want to study when you go to college. Most colleges have programs that sets you with the opportunity to take classes that interest you to see if you like them, and if you would like to pursue them. At Penn State the school I currently attend the program is call Division of Undergraduate Studies (DUS). It is very cool because it lets you explore a lot of different majors. It is okay not to know before you enter college so you have time to make the right and best decision for yourself.

0