1. The projects which involve real tasks in improving the product.
2. The diversity and opportunities to interact with the leaders of the company.
3. The importance they give to work life balance and fun activities planned every week.
The company I am working at is phenomenal. I am blessed to have gotten in this role right out of college and have this company culture fit everything I was looking for.
My top 3 expectations/values that my company has:
1) Treat their employees with care. More like people than numbers.
2) The opportunity for growth within any division, based off of hard work rather than hierarchy/power.
3) Company culture being diverse and open-minded towards all.
For me its very important work/life balance, home office flexibility, and the values of the company I work for, however , I also value diversity and the ability to be always learning something new about my job and the business.
2. It was close to home. Close enough I was actually able to go home for lunch
3. It was pretty easy to get time off
Spencer Sheehan, CPA
Great question-- are you looking into jobs? That's awesome that you're getting insights from all kinds of professionals!
For me, if I HAD to narrow down to my three things that I enjoy most about working at my company, it would be:
1. Work/Life Balance
2. Feeling valued/doing valuable work for the greater good of the business
3. Being invested in and professionally developed (through free educational opportunities/mentor programs)
2. Being an influencer and driver to identify, plan, and implement changes to help protect the company.
3. Working with wonderful team of talented people
I love my company because:
1 - I work with a diverse group of people who share my passion, Learning and Development.
2 - I am very grateful for the gift of having a large variety of my tools to do my job. I am an Instructional Designer and I have a wide variety of design tools. I also get to learn additional skills like videography and graphic design.
3 - I also like the wide variety of benefits that I have beyond my paycheck and insurance. I have benefited in my life through tuition reimbursement and discounts on tickets to amusement parks or movies.
For me work/life balance is very important, working as a remote employee provides this flexibility. My employer has been very understanding and supportive during this very difficult time and has provided many additional benefits to assist employees.
Our company is very innovative and values client input which provides us the ability to be very successful.
I find it rewarding working in an industry that allows me to assist customers to solve their business challenges.
When looking for a job, I took into account what the values were of that employer. For me, this included
-a firm that promotes wellbeing
-opportunity to make a change
-ability to work from home
It would be a great exercise to ask yourself, "What are my top 5 values, or what are 5 things that are important to me?", and while doing research on your job hunt, take that into consideration. Your values may include things like, unlimited vacation, or the ability to work from home, whereas a friend may wish to work somewhere that strives to lessen their impact on the environment.
Good Luck & remember that you come first!
1) Constantly learning something new - every project is a new industry to learn about, a new subject area to be an expert in
2) Problem solving - i am constantly thinking about how to do something, why i am doing somthing
3) Peers - i am surrounded by a group that is so intelligent and hardworking, i love learning from them