Is studying abroad really worth it?

10

So many people have recommended that Is study abroad at some point in my college career. But, it can get a bit expensive depending on the location. Nevertheless, is the experience worth it? #college #study-abroad

Yes! It certainly is worth it, especially if you study abroad over a summer term as you are receiving college credits during a time in which you normally would not. It is a great resume builder and gives you life experience that you just can't get in a lecture hall. The world is global now, being well traveled and accustomed to other cultures makes you a valuable asset. Tiffany B.
10

Allison’s Answer

1

I truly believe studying abroad is absolutely worth it. I've studied abroad in Mexico and Egypt and both experiences were invaluable. It gives you the opportunity to experience a different culture, language and meet new people. Not to mention that employers value this kind of experience. I have been in many interviews where the interviewer picks up on the study abroad information listed on my resume and is instantly more interested in me as a candidate. It shows that you are willing to get outside of your comfort zone. Not to mention it is just fun! If it's possible you should try to study abroad for at least a semester or even two. If that's not possible, look into summer programs or week long trips for fall or spring break. I have friends that took out loans to study abroad and they all have said the experience was absolutely worth it. Good luck!

Thank you! Will definitely consider studying abroad! Kemi L.
1

Genevieve’s Answer

0

My one regret during my educational experience was not studying abroad. Everyone I know that studied abroad felt that it was life changing experience. When you start working, it's hard to find time to vacation internationally. On top of that, your time is limited - you'll really only have 1-2 weeks tops, whereas studying abroad spans a couple months. This give you the opportunity to truly learn the country's culture, food, history, etc.

When it comes to the price - I know a lot of schools and outside organizations offer scholarships and funding. Try talking to your school's study abroad department and see what resources they have. It would also be helpful to talk to someone who's already studied abroad. They can give you helpful tips and insight.

0

0

I believe it is! I didn't have the opportunity to Study Abroad and it is something I will always regret not doing. It is a once in a lifetime experience!

0