5

How do you know you have made it in life?

What is the fine line of a successful life how do you know?

5

1

Michelle’s Answer

Dear Andrew

What a very interesting question. I would say you have "made it in life" if you are passionate about what you do and what you do does good for your soul and others. "Making it in life" is not about having money, travelling or being recognized, it is about having joy, giving love and being a positive force that makes life better for those you interact with.
If you for e.g. choose to be a gardener who does not earn a lot of money, but your beautiful, well structured and cared for gardens are happy and bloom beautifully and you are happy to do what you do every day, despite it perhaps not getting you a house in California driving fancy cars, I would say, you have "made it in life".
1
0

Keith’s Answer

The question is somewhat faulty, but is a common question for young individuals. At the heart of the questions, it assumes that there is some way to complete life and be done. Instead, life consists of a number of challenges that are achieved over time only to lead to greater challenges. So, just when a person feels they have "made it," they find that there is yet another mountain to climb, another goal to achieve. Here, one finds that the journey (aim for a goal, struggle to attain it, and then move to a greater goal) is the point rather than just the more simple notion of the end (attained the goal).
0
0

Rebecca’s Answer

Thank you for your question. This is a good question. However, it is question to yourself. What do you want to achieve/your goal? How do you define your success? Some people may have of having a stable life and work life balance as success. Some people may define success as having certain achievement.
I would suggest you can consider to approach below :
1. You may think about what do you think about your career goal? What do you want to achieve?
2. Put down some plan like what do you want to achieve every 1-2 years and the final goal
3. Review your plan regularly. You may need to adjust your plan from time to time
Hope this helps! Good Luck!
0
0

Sikawayi’s Answer

Hello Andrew, what a great question. What I would say it is up to the individual to decide whether not he/she has succeeded in life for example I have had many clients who have everything they ever wanted in this life but for some reason there still unhappy and in their mind a failure at life. I do believe if most people take a hard look at their life, they will say they truly have succeeded in life, if you want to know what makes a person happy just look at the things they hold close to them and that will tell you what you need to know. Best of luck
0