Doing Awesome Things with Analytics + Marketing
Nice to meet you.
Everyone struggles with staying focused, doing things we don't want to do, and managing our time wisely.
I can offer a few tips, hope they are helpful to you.
1. Put yourself in an environment which helps you to focus. If you get distracted too easily by the TV because you are trying to do your homework in the same room as a TV, then go study at the library. If your phone is a distraction, turn it off. If noises distract you, wear ear plugs.
2. Break big tasks down into small tasks. Every project in life, work, or school, has many smaller parts to it. If studying for 1 large exam is too overwhelming - plan to tackle 1 chapter a night for the week prior to the exam. There is a saying which goes "the journey of 1,000 miles begins with 1 step."
3. Give yourself a small reward every time you complete a task. For example, set a goal of completing your homework tonight, and once completed allow yourself to eat a treat, play a game, or watch a TV show.
4. Give yourself a small punishment every time you don't complete a task. For example, give a friend $1 and tell her to hold on to it until you complete your college admission essay (or maybe even tell her she gets to keep it if you fail to complete it by the end of the day!).
5. Take 30 minutes out of your day to exercise, or go outside and take a walk. Exercise is linked to a healthy mind.
6. Think about you being successful - picture in your mind you accomplishing your goals, taking the test and doing well, studying and really understanding everything you read, graduating from college, making your family proud, helping others in the hospital, living in a nice apartment - think about what it will feel like to do well and achieve your dreams. There is much power in positive thinking and visualizing your future success. A quote from Henry Ford, "Whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't - you're right."
Best of luck on your journey.
Last updated Sep 25 at 19:50