Is being a pediatrician hard ?
I want to be a pediatrician but I have looked but how many year of college I need & it said around 8. That's why I want to know if it's worth it and if it's hard. That way I prepare my self mentally & physically to get started on my dream career.
#pediatrician #doctor #hospital-and-health-care #healthcare #pediatrics
The journey to become a Pediatrician is a long one but, it is achievable. My son is currently a first year Resident Pediatrician. Here are some key steps to consider:
1) Make high scores on the SAT & ACT exams
2) Select a college/university that offers at least "Biological Science" (you don't have to major in Pre-Med, Math, etc.)
3) Score well on the MCAT exam the "first time". Retake it if necessary
4) Apply to "all" the medical schools of interest
5) 4 years of Medical School
5 a) Find an Internship (paid or volunteer) over a summer
5 b) DO NOT limit yourself to where you would like to get residency Matched
6) 3 to 4 years of Residency (this comes after Medical School)
6 a) Fellowship is 3 to 4 years (this is where you Specialize in, which is after residency).
Good Luck to You!