Massimo P.

What can I do with a degree in international business?

#international #business #management I can't decide on whether I want to go into management or international.

I frequently come across multinational companies that have resources in international positions. Their roles vary from Sales, Business Development, and Product Management roles. Somewhat ironically, I studied international business in college and am now in the field of my study. The reason it's a bit ironic is that very little if anything I studied in school regarding international business is applicable in my role today. The world has exponentially grown (smaller) since then. I'd recommend getting either degree, and then join an international organization in a field of your interest (IT, Medicine, Entertainment, etc) at any entry level position available. And learn the business internally from a domestic perspective, then go for an international position within that organization. It worked for me anyway. :) Hope this helps. Best of luck! -Robert
Last updated Oct 05 '17 at 08:46

Both of those majors are pretty broad. However international business will focus more on the cultural, political and economic factors that affect markets across the world and conducting business . Management, on the other hand (and depending on your business school's program), will probably focus more on managing teams, projects and functions on a more local scope. It really depends on the business school you earn your degree .
Last updated Sep 29 '17 at 12:40

More from

Schools Add a school