Lily F.

36

1

Is it important to have an advisor check over my common app?

It's an option on common app. these advisors are just academic teachers and are writing my recs. #college #college-admissions #college-recruiting #higher-education

Hi Lily, So happy you are looking to go to college. Yes! The common app is your future and it is important to have an advisor review it. Colleges get applications every year and process them very quickly. I would hate for you to lose out on an great opportunity for something that might have been missed. At this young an age (I have a teenage daughter currently applying to colleges too), all we know is school. When we decide where to go to college for the next four years, we’re deciding what we’re going to do for the next 20% of our lives. It can be very overwhelming so have advisors double check. I threatened to check my daughter's common app and she would rather have the school advisors do it instead. LOL #collegeisawesome Good Luck with your future!
Last updated Oct 10 '17 at 18:23

Last updated Oct 10 '17 at 18:23

In my opinion, YES! We have a saying in my office, "it is always good to have a second set of eyes." We use this saying about our own writing and to encourage students to get a "second set of eyes" on their work as well. Because your writing is about you, you may not see how it could be made more "dynamic." In addition, since you have looked at it so much, you may miss a small typo. Good luck!

This professional recommends the following next steps:

Last updated Dec 06 '17 at 09:52

Schools Add a schools