What steps do I need to take in order to become a music producer?

I’m in 9th grade and I play music a lot. I was thinking that being a music producer would be a good job to have in this field. What are the steps I should take in order to become a music producer?

#music-producer #studying-music #music #music-production

3

Robert’s Answer

While I am only a home music producer, one of the techniques that has improved my skills in music production and advanced my career in data analysis is networking. It's a loaded term that suggests you should schmooze and try to get things from people, but it can be more authentic than that.

Find the closest people to you that do what you want to do and reach out to them, tell them you're curious. Have genuine questions about production, and that person ready to go. You may have to try a few people but eventually someone will be happy to share with you.

0

Danny’s Answer

Hey, dude! This is a great question! It depends on what kind of production you’re wanting to do. Are you wanting to do cinema? Maybe just some good bands? In some cases, if you’d like to work for a firm or in some sort of professional environment, you’ll need to make sure you have a degree. Scout out some good colleges and then work up a portfolio. If this is something you’d like to do on the side or just because you have a passion for music, you need to do just one thing... produce! Music producers aren’t the people with the best gear, or a studio, or whatever. Producers produce!

Danny recommends the following next steps:

Find a Digital Audio Workstation that you think you’d like. Google some. There’s a bunch. I recommend Reaper. It’s free and super powerful!
Watch some YouTube videos on how your DAW works and play around with it.
Make something awesome! Work on it until you’re proud of it!

0