If I plan on going to med school what are some things Ishould be looking for when choosing where to go for my undergrad degree?

My ultimate goal is to become a surgeon. What are some of the things they will be looking for when I apply for medical school that I should consider when choosing? #college #college-admissions #medicine #healthcare

2

In the US, to apply to medical school, you need a bachelor's degree. Any 4-year university should suffice.
Pick a school that fits your personality and a major that interests you so you don't mind devoting a majority of your hours to studying. You will need to get good grades in college in order to apply for medical school. At the medical school I attended, the average GPA is reported to be 3.85, so even one or two B's can hurt your chances of acceptance.

0

I’s Answer

Ultimately a school that will allow for better grades - excellent grades in a less competitive/cut-throat school are better than lower grades in a fancy school.

Grades are the primary consideration but once those are solid, go to a school that will allow for you to demonstrate leadership and commitment - a smaller school with robust volunteer/lab research opportunities on or off campus is better than a larger one where lots of students will be available for the same opportunities.

0