How do you know what classes to take for a college major?

2

I will be in college in a few years, and i don't want to pay for classes I don't need. #academic-advising #college-major #scheduling #college

2

Tyler’s Answer

0
Hi Victoriahna,
Once you've determined the major that you are looking to pursue, academic advisors for that major will generally provide you with a list of classes you're required to take.

Also, you can generally find the list of classes required on the school's webpage that helps to outline the specific requirements for a given degree.

I'm including a link to the school that I attended that helps to outline the classes that I took to get a degree in Business Administration (https://foster.uw.edu/academics/degree-programs/undergraduate-programs/curriculum/options/). This is going to vary widely across different disciplines and colleges, but wanted to give you a representative sample so you know what to look for.

Hopefully this helps!

Best,
Tyler
0

Brittany’s Answer

0

Your university/college should have degree plans laid out. Your advisor will help make the path make sense! Check out the university website and look for a section that says something like "degrees and majors" and look for the major you are interested in.

Brittany recommends the following next steps:

• Research university/college website
  • Meet with an advisor EARLY
0

Thomas’s Answer

0

You should speak with a college counselor. They will help to guide you down the right path. However, the first thing to decide, is the college major. This will line up with a program that the school has already created for that degree. Even if undecided, there are prerequisite courses that span a number for degree programs.

Thomas recommends the following next steps:

• Choose a Major and University
  • Speak with a Counselor
0