Start building your professional sports team network now. Figure which sport(s) and/or team(s) you want to work with and begin making connections via email, mail, and/or phone calls. You can join the website www.teamworkonline.com and have emails sent to you regarding internship possibilities not just in your area but across multiple sports careers and teams.
This professional recommends the following next steps:
- Determine your favorite sports position - what do you want to do in the future? Build your sports team network - reach out to managers of specific departments you want to work
- Join www.teamworkonline.com (or other sports career website)
- Volunteer for your college sports teams - talk to coaches and others who deal with the sporting events
- Look at your local professional teams, most of them will have game day positions and that's a good way to get noticed and experience
- No matter the initial results to your inquiries, keep trying, keep pushing, keep moving forward. Eventually a door will open.