PoliSci is a liberal arts major, so you can do a number of things with it. Some graduates go into diplomacy, lobbying, or politics. Others teach, go to law or business school, or move into public relations.
I'm going to give you some steps below that can help you start sorting out what you might want to to do.
- I found info from others about similar questions and i’m adding them here “Hi, Good question, a political degree can take you a lot of places...below is a good link with a lot of options: http://polisci.msu.edu/index.php/undergraduate-program/postgraduate-and-career-opportunities/careers Also, PS degrees can be used for military or government service, politics of course, as an undergraduate degree for entry into law school and so much more... Good luck!”
- Here’s another from a question 4 years ago p Generally speaking, Political Science is a very flexible major. The two most often-cited careers for PoliSci majors are: Law Government and Politics (e.g., working for local, state, or federal agencies, or working for a political party, organization, or interest group, or political research organization or "think tank") If you want to join the police force, you often don't need a bachelor's degree (depends on your specific location). If you want to join a federal law enforcement agency, you might also want to consider majors including criminal justice as other great routes
Lee recommends the following next steps:
- Let me know if you have more questions.
- here’s a quick start to some ideas. https://study.com/what_can_i_do_with_a_political_science_degree.html
- go to linkedin.com/alumni and put in your school or the school you plan to attend. if you do this through the website and not mobile app, you will get a broader picture. you can sort by region, by field. by major, by employer, etc. that should give you a whole long list of people to reach out for informational interviews.
- you did not mention if you were already in school. if so, go to the career center and take advantage of it. have a one on one meeting with an advisor.
- check out political science affinity groups both on and off campus and see if you can attend meetings and programs.