What can I do to feel more excited about, and less scared for, my college transition in a few months?

I'm very close with my family, but my top school is over five hours away from home. Everyone tells me that college will be one of the best times of my life, but I can't help but feel more terrified than excited. Is there anything I can start doing now to start easing myself into the idea? What should do when I get to school to make the transition easier? #college #undergraduate #life-transitions

2

I would say set up a ritual for yourself for once you are away at college. Plan out ways to stay connected with your friends and family at home even while you are away. Ofcourse this will need to work with your college schedule once you are away. But for exampled every Thursday night you can Skype with your mom or family, friends etc. to stay connected and not let too much time pass between seeing one another. To feel more excited about college, I reccommend watching youtube videos, reading blogs, and getting as much information as possible about te college experience (especially for the schools you have applied to).

0