How do you succeed in Musical Theatre college dance auditions?

4

I have always loved to sing and act, and feel confident in both of those areas, but dance auditions terrify me. I have recently began to dance, and feel like I am improving greatly, but my lack of experience is scaring me. I would like more information on musical theatre dance auditions so I can be prepared for what to expect. #dance #musical-theatre

4

Katelyn’s Answer

0

ALWAYS study and look up as much as you can about the audition/show so you know what they are looking for. this will help a lot when it comes to picking out your most fitting headshot and song to audition with. and CONFIDENCE.

0

Elizabeth’s Answer

0

Hi Sarah! Get as much experience as you can. Practice dancing in all of your spare time. Find the best teacher in your area and study with him/her. The more practice you do, the more confident you will be. Then you can audition and get the job!

Elizabeth recommends the following next steps:

• Practice, practice, practice
  • Study with a professional dance teacher
  • Get out there an audition!
0