Kristina C.’s Avatar

Kristina C.

31

3

Why don't I see any women Architects?

I was watching a series on Netflix called " The World's Most Extraordinary Homes" and as the host of the show interviews these architects they are predominantly men that have sculpted these buildings. #architecture

Hi Kristina, if you just google Women Architects, there are many of them out there. Generally speaking, shows like Netflix is very subjective. They usually showed buildings that are popular and been features in Architecture/Interior magazine. They recently won all type of awards, or Just need to get notice. I'm sure you heard of Zaha Hadid. She started getting notices back in 2004 because she wons Pritzker Architecture Prize, in 2004. She received the UK's most prestigious architectural award, the Stirling Prize, in 2010 and 2011. She had an amazing eyes and creativity, that's why people loved her.

And if you go the this website: https://www.arch2o.com/women-in-architecture-10-successful-female-architects-you-should-know/ There are 10 women architects that are successful in the field. Check it out!! Best of Luck!

Last updated Mar 19 at 15:13