Maya P.’s Avatar

Maya P.

46

2

What are some key study tips or advice you would forward to first year pharmacy students?

The first year of pharmacy school can be a very exciting, yet scary experience. There is limited time to adjust and it can be difficult to immediately find mentors that are overflowing with tips and help. Overall, what is some general for advice for first year pharmacy students?

#pharmacy #pharmacy-student #pharmacy-school

Pharmacy school is exciting and demanding. My study tips are based on your learning style. I am a visual learner (color coding and charts). Several times a week, I would review that week’s classes and color code my notes in categories. I also created charts /grids to review. Each week I would review previous week’s material then start the new material. This was time consuming upfront but saved me study time near tests/exams. Due to the rigorous course load, it would have been too much to wait until a week or so before tests/exams to learn the material.

Some of my classmates just read the material every week, often recording what they read to listen to during down time (driving, waiting in line shopping, at restaurants- fast food of course- while waiting on order).

Study groups or studying with just one person also helps in courses that are more challenging.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Last updated Apr 18 at 02:30 PM