What is daily life like as a lawyer?

I like arguing my point and speaking my opinion. I would like to know what it's like everyday being a lawyer law lawyers

6
Pros
3
0
Students
4
1

Alison’s Answer

The day-to-day life of a lawyer varies widely depending on where you work and live, what type of law you practice, and your level of experience and responsibility. For instance, a lawyer working for a small law firm or NGO may spend more time interacting with clients and arguing in court than his or her counterpart at a large law firm or NGO. However, most lawyers spend significant amounts of time each day reading, writing, and communicating with clients and colleagues.

2
Pros
2
0

Conor’s Answer

Most people with law degrees do not wind up being trial lawyers; those are lawyers who argue their case in court.

Alternatively, judges and clerks (the assistants of judges) write their opinion about what they have heard, but again not many people with a law degree do this.

Law encompasses a lot more than just what you see on television programs like Law & Order (which try to be accurate and dramatic, but they really only showcase a small portion of the people who are actually lawyers out there.

1
Pros
1
0

Edward’s Answer

Lots of reading, writing and thinking. You must love to spend many hours researching court decisions, statutes and regulations. If public speaking is a goal, understand that 90% of of non-criminal and 98% of criminal cases do not result in public speaking.
0