How can I create a minor for myself, while taking aspects from other majors and minors?
I wish to shape my own future, which is why I want to create a minor that is unique to myself and aspirations. #minors #college #college-major #college-minor #design-a-major #custom-major #custom-minor #academic-advising #course-selection
Your question shows me that you have a pretty clear vision for yourself. I looked at your earlier question to understand where you are coming from, and I see your interests are in fitness, nutrition and science.
Let's assume that a college curriculum doesn't offer a minor that works for you and also that same school will not allow you to customize a minor for yourself. So here is what you could do instead:
1) Focus on classes that require you to read, think, analyze and write.
2) Don't waste time on classes that are readily available on the internet for free.
3) Find classes with a professor who encourages class participation and who pushes you to new ideas.
Because of your interest in kinesiology - study of the mechanics of the human body - why not consider the mechanics of the brain as well or psychology as a possible option?
4) Don't forget to take classes that are polar opposite to your major degree. This will give you a wider world view.
5) Start writing your personal business plan. I find that when I write my vision gets clearer.
Does your school offer that as an option? What are you wanting to study that isn't already available?
I would go to your registrar's office and ask them directly about what you are wanting to explore and see what they suggest.