Katelynn A.’s Avatar

Katelynn A.

46

1

I am interested in being a pharmacist. Does the job relate to technology?

Are the computers hard to work? Do you count it yourself?#pharmacist #pharmacy #healthcare #technology

Yes and no. Mostly, being a pharmacist means handling/managing medications and speaking to patients. You might be interested in becoming an informatics pharmacist or a hospital pharmacist who is trained in EPIC, but these will require specialized training and these jobs are not numerous.

This professional recommends the following next steps:

Last updated Aug 29 at 02:17 AM

Hi Katelynn, thank you for the question. I think its an extremely important question because many professions today are integrated with technology. There are professions today which did not rely on computer technology in the past, but computer technology has made it much easier to do jobs. Technology and computers have also had an impact on Healthcare. Today, we have websites on the internet where doctors can answer questions and help diagnose conditions. Doctors are also able to send prescriptions to pharmacies electronically. Information from these transactions are also shared with insurance companies and as a pharmacist you will be able to interact with the patients, doctors, and insurance companies with the help of technology and computers.

I am sure you will be a great pharmacist one day.

• Begin interacting with computers more often so you become more comfortable gradually with the technology.
  • Visit your local pharmacy and if the pharmacist is not busy, ask some questions. I am sure they will be happy to share their experiences with you.
  • Research Technology in Healthcare articles periodically and stay up-to-date on trends in the field.
  • Work hard and ALWAYS believe in yourself :)
Last updated Aug 23 at 02:18 PM