Great question! Studying abroad is a wonderful opportunity to pursue, even if your college does not offer any programs. There are independent third party study abroad companies like International Studies Abroad Inc. (ISA) that facilitate the study abroad experience for students from any college or university. ISA's website: https://studiesabroad.com/
I studied abroad with ISA at the American University of Rome in Italy the spring semester of my junior year of college. Studying abroad was absolutely worthwhile. I matured significantly and discovered what I was passionate about. I am a much happier, independent, and confident person because of the experience. Additionally, the experience with international travel is beneficial to my career in public accounting.
ISA offers one-month summer programs as well as semester-long programs.
MINIMUM ADMISSIONS PREREQUISITES
- You must be at least 18 years old by the program start date.
- You must submit a course registration agreement. Additional details will be provided after gaining access to the ISA Student Portal.
- Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
- If you have a cumulative GPA below 2.50, you may still be considered for acceptance. You will have to submit one letter of recommendation and a statement of purpose.
To enroll in study abroad for the spring 2020 semester:
Application Deadline: Oct 01, 2019
Credit: 12 - 16 Credits
Program Dates: Late Jan, 2020 - Mid May, 2020
Leah recommends the following next steps:
- Check the Program Requirements
- Know When Your Application is Due
- Look Into Funding Options
- Apply for Passport
- Apply for Study Abroad Program