what kind of career are there where you need math?

Asked Katy, Texas

i'm a sophemore and i'm really good at math. I love math, but i need help finding a career that i like and that involves math. #career-options

Gary’s Answer

Updated Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India

Finance is one option. There are opportunities to use math all over the place, from detailed financial analysis to understand company performance, to investing in complex "derivatives", to creating advanced trading algorithms executed by computers. There are opportunities for everyone from a college student majoring in math to a graduate student with a PhD in Math. You just need to decide whether finance is something that interests you.

Engineer87’s Answer

Updated Beverly Hills, California

Engineering is a math-friendly field. Engineering really combines core concepts in math, physics, chemistry, and other core science fields. If you want to build things, consider engineering.

Robyn’s Answer

Updated Ann Arbor, Michigan

There are all kind of careers that involve math. I'd think what else you'd like in a career and what are you interested in. Do you want a career where you work solo or work in a team? Are you interested in technology or fashion?

I do data analysis for marketing sales and there's a large amount of math involved. It's definitely not what you'd think of when you think of a traditional math job, but it's the age of "big data" and almost every large company has a team whose job is to analyze the data and come to conclusions.

Kenneth’s Answer

Updated Somerville, Massachusetts

Much like you I loved math in high school. What I eventually found though, was that more than math, I loved logic. If what you love about math is mostly the logical aspect of it, then you might want to consider computer programming. It uses math a decent amount and is constantly using logic.

thank you mam