Skip to main content
5 answers
8
Asked 305 views

What was the most important decision, mindset, or early experience that helped you successfully build a career in business, real estate, or entrepreneurship, and what advice would you give to a college student hoping to create both financial success and lasting community impact? #Spring26

I’m a first-year college student interested in pursuing a career in business, real estate development, and entrepreneurship, with a long-term goal of achieving both financial success and meaningful community impact. I’m especially interested in learning how experienced professionals built their careers early on, the challenges they faced, and the skills or opportunities that helped them stand out. I’d appreciate advice on how to best position myself now through internships, networking, leadership, and hands-on experience so I can build a strong foundation for long-term success.


8

5 answers


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Lisa’s Answer

It's great that you're asking this! Be open to trying new things and methods. Remember, failure is a crucial part of success. When you fail, you learn, and that helps you succeed next time. Stay curious, keep trying, and say yes to new opportunities.
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Deborah’s Answer

Resourcefulness and curiousity. I came from a small town with very little opportunity, and I made my way to a wonderful college, took advantage of all of the opportunities afforded there (even if out of my comfort zone), and got an internship in big tech.

I made it a priority to attend special events, go to career fairs, sign up for classes and clubs I enjoyed, studied abroad, and found women in business conferences and workshops.

I also had a really great mentor who I could lean on all throughout college - financially, emotionally. Having a person ahead of you in your career, but in your corner, helps you manage your mindset and navigate skillfully.

This all added up to a rich set of experiences and confidence in myself to keep pursuing the next hard thing,
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Lynn’s Answer

Today, what really matters isn't just what you know, but how you think. Stay curious and eager to learn new things. Keep asking questions and exploring.
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Hind’s Answer

I would say after landing a job, show up daily, work extra hours, ask how you can help, have great work ethics, be positive, be helpful. Those are the skills that can help you stand out. Figure out what you're good at and focus on that 100%. Don't try too many things all at once, lean in on your strengths because you DO have them, just figure out what they are.
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Jeffrey’s Answer

Zoe, that's a great question! It's really important to stay curious and not be afraid to ask questions, just like you did. Being passionate about your life and career makes a big difference too. If you love what you do and keep that curiosity alive, you'll shine at work and build a "rich" life, whether that's through money or experiences.
0