How do you become a study abroad student at your university of choice?

5

Jeffrey’s Answer

Most large universities offer study abroad programs. The study abroad programs are found on the schools website. You may have to click into the Undergraduate or Graduate links. I also recommend reaching out to the university counselors. The have wealth of information and details that may not be on the website.

My son will be studying in France and Sweden next year through DePaul University. The University of Southern California has a very strong international program in which most students participate. It's a great opportunity to learn the culture of other countries while in school.

2

Rachit (Richi)’s Answer

There are tons of study abroad programs which allow students to directly apply to a foreign university (without applying via a US college). Two such programs that I have personal experience with include:

Chinese University of Hong Kong in China

Copenhagen Business School in Denmark

Hope this helps!

2

Laura’s Answer

Hi Tiya! Your university should have a list of partner schools where you can choose to study abroad. I would suggest you look into your the student enrichment programs on you university website or reach out to an academic advisor. It’s usually easier for you to transfer your course credits from a partner university. I’d recommend you do your research ahead of time so you can make sure you have the necessary credits to fulfil your degree requirements in time. I did a semester abroad at City University of London. Studying abroad is a great opportunity to meet people from different parts of the world and learn about other cultures!

0

Kristin’s Answer

Hi Tiya!

Great question - definitely reach out to your campus' international studies department or academic department, they will give you the best information. I studied abroad during the Fall Semester of my Junior Year and loved the experience.

I was able to go to Florence, Italy and made sure that my classes lined up with my undergraduate requirements. If you or anyone is interested, I recommend asking questions early. I was able to take my fine arts credit while abroad - which involved going to different museums most weeks around the city - defintiely better than spending a semester learning through a textbook!

Hope you get the opportunity!

0