While deciding your major you need to consider the following points :
- You need to choose major wisely as it will lead you to a specific career path or advanced study. You can interact with the students in the departments of your choice, take a couple of classes in relevant discipline.
- Research which major has more job opportunities and which can lead to you to high paying salaries.
- Some students choose a major just because they love that subject which helps them to be fully engage in classes and college activities. This leads them to get better grades and good relationship with everyone in their field.
- Explore your interests - Talk to professors, parents, advisors, department heads and other students.
- Take your time, commonly you will do have time for selecting you majors until the end of your sophomore year.
You will get more information in the below links :
All the best !