What is some advice you would give over college and the future?

4

Hubert’s Answer

I would do low-cost online learning during my high school summers to help figure out what I am interested in and set up getting a good paying job. Most colleges cannot offer better classes than what's now available online. If you are proactive, you can get a good-paying job without going to college (or while attending community college which is very affordable relative to most universities). Going to college nowadays is for the social experience and exploration rather than setting you up for a career. I am by no means suggesting that college is a bad option, for the vast majority it is the best option after high school, however it will not set up most with the professional skills to get hired and have a career.

Hubert recommends the following next steps:

Go to Coursera, LinkedinLearning, Kahn Academy, etc. and peruse classes. Or given classes you see offered at a college look online for comparable one.

0

DeMario’s Answer

Some advice I would give for college and the future is be open to change. College is a trying time and it teaches more than the degree you are going to school for. For most students this will be there first time away from home and you will learn how to manage money, friends, and time so just remain open.

0

Amy’s Answer

Hi Valeria! My advice is to try new things, i learn this almost at the end of my student years, so i feel i did not take as much opportunities as i could, try different things and this will make you know different people and you will find new interest, and for the future i guess my only advice is to travel as much as you can, meet different cultures

0

Jeffrey’s Answer

One piece of advice I would give for college and beyond is to try everything possible. You never know what doors you can uncover by trying new things. When I was in college I was very shy and did not try things that I was interested in because I was afraid of embarrassing myself and faliure. This leads me to the next piece of advice that it is okay to fail at something and it is not the end of the world if you do fail. You will learn from your mistakes and will be a better person because of it.

Jeffrey recommends the following next steps:

Check out this article on monster.com about failure. It has a lot of very good advice. https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/wisdom-why-failing-is-good

0